Four dung beetle packages are available. The approximate number of beetles in a colony depends on the beetle size. Small beetles – 500 (binodis, taurus), medium sized – 400 (bison, alexis), large – 250 (hispanus, spiniger).
The Four-Season Package will provide enough beetles for establishment on an average sized farm (2000 SU – approx. 300 cows/cattle). Larger farms should order multiple packages to maximise the chances of reaching full carry capacity across their whole farm within 10 years.
- Four-Seasons Package*. $6,000 + GST ($1,500/colony).
4 species in 4 colonies. 4 species will provide coverage for most of the year.
- Multiple Four-Seasons Package*. $5,000 + GST ($1,250/colony).
4 species in 8+ colonies. We will call you back about your requirements.
- Winter Package* **. $3,000 + GST ($1,500/colony).
1 species (Bison) in 2 colonies, over successive years.
- Single Species Package*. $2,000 + GST.
* We will invoice you a 50% deposit to confirm your order and put you in the priority waiting list. Beetles are dispatched when they are most abundant in order to maximise their chances of establishment (starting from December/January and progressively from there as each species emerges).
** To maximise the chances of establishment success during a harsh time of the year this winter specialist is sent in two colonies in successive years.
For the small block owners we recommend that if possible organising neighbouring land owners and collectively buying one of the packages. Beetles do not respect property boundaries and having a larger area with more stock will increase the chances and speed of establishment. Biologically beetles want to fly the shortest distance possible to the next dung pat. If there is lots of dung near by they will have no reason to leave.